Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ragdoll90

After i amend will the other person still get their refund once it's mailed on the 1040ez?

So the father who makes more wanted to claim her no problem with me. I need to amend my dependent so he can claim. Will he still get his money even though Im amending mine and it takes time?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After i amend will the other person still get their refund once it's mailed on the 1040ez?

If you have to amend because the other parent's return is being rejected, that other parent has to file by printing,signing and mailing their return.  Even if you amend, the child's SSN is now in the system as having been claimed, and that other return will be rejected if e-filed.  He can mail his return any time--he does not need to wait for you to amend.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you have to amend because the other parent's return is being rejected, that other parent has to file by printing,signing and mailing their return.  Even if you amend, the child's SSN is now in the system as having been claimed, and that other return will be rejected if e-filed.  He can mail his return any time--he does not need to wait for you to amend.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Ragdoll90

So he will still get that full refund?
Ragdoll90

I mistakenly claimed her.. he wants to cause he made more therefore getting more back
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies