wesandlindab

After filing my 2017 1040-ez I received a form 1099-G. This adds $56 to my refund. Do I need to file an amended return 1040-x or can I just ignore this.

Do I need to file an amended return 1040-x as I received a form 1099-G from Colorado Dept. of Unemployment that 2017 adds $56 to my refund?

PaulaM

If you are okay with the over payment to the IRS, then you do not have to file a 1040X. But should you change your mind later, follow the instructions below after your original return is fully processed.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed?... 

PaulaM