todd-l-ebbert

Adding another W2 after filed

I recreived another W-2 form after I filed, what can I do to fix this? I didn't realize I had more coming.
laughingtwig

Adding another W2 after filed

Just select "amend/change return" under the Taxes tab once signed in to your TurboTax account. They should walk you through the steps as always.

dharvard1992

Adding another W2 after filed

When does it update I still have the same amount
lil-peach

Adding another W2 after filed

Same.
mesquitebean

Adding another W2 after filed

This is an old answered thread from 2 years ago that is unlikely to be seen.  If you have a question for the forum, please start a thread so that it will show up as needing help.   You can ask your question at the link below:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>
mesquitebean

Adding another W2 after filed

If your efiled return is rejected, you can simply make the changes and resubmit.

If your efiled return is accepted, however, then the only way to change it is to prepare an amended return Form 1040X. It has to be printed and mailed.

The Form 1040X is scheduled to be ready for printing in TurboTax on February 12.

You should wait on any refund (if applicable) to arrive before amending.

In the meantime, do not make any changes in the return.  An amended return has to start off exactly as originally filed.

mesquitebean

Adding another W2 after filed

Info added above:  You may also need to prepare an amended State return (if applicable.)
eklopez41500

Adding another W2 after filed

I need to add another W2 on my taxes return. How do it do it? I forgot to add it on 

DonnaLO

Adding another W2 after filed

If you have not yet filed, you can make changes. 

Please follow these instructions:

1. Select "Federal Taxes" on the left panel  

2. Select the "Wages & Income" sub-tab at the top of the screen

3. Select See all income

4. Select Start/Revisit next to W-2 income to add your new information. 

If you have already filed:

You will have to wait to see if your return is Accepted by the IRS or Rejected.

1. Rejected: You can re-enter the return and add the W-2.
  2. Accepted: You have to wait until you receive your refund (if you are getting one), OR any payment that you made toward your tax bill clears.   At that time you can amend your tax return.  Here is information about amending returns:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...
Joe_r

Adding another W2 after filed

But what if you're refund is already pending.. Because mine is but I just got another w2 in the mail I completely forgot about 

HeatherPLO

Adding another W2 after filed

If you have already filed and your refund is pending, you will need to complete an Amendment to capture the new forms.  To complete and Amendment, please see the below link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

mesquitebean

Adding another W2 after filed

@Joe_r wrote:

Please confirm what you meant by the term "pending" above.  Specifically, what is the efile status?   Does your efiled return have an efile status of accepted, and the return is now indeed in processing at the IRS?   Or have you recently efiled and the efile status is shown as "pending" when you check in your Online TurboTax account?

If the IRS has indeed accepted your efile and is now processing your return, then wait for them to finish processing it, and wait until you receive the refund before amending your return.   The Form 1040X for an amended return will not be available in TurboTax until 2/12/2020 anyway.

The amended return will have to be printed, signed, dated, and mailed.  It cannot be efiled. It can take the IRS up to 16 weeks to process an amended return.

NOTE:  In the meantime, do NOT make any changes in your original filed return.  Do NOT add the newly-received W-2 into the return yet.   When you prepare the amended return, it has to start off with the return in the original condition that it was filed.

vnortonstrong

Adding another W2 after filed

how can i resubmit my taxes electronically after adding another w2 form?

CassLO

Adding another W2 after filed

Amended returns as can not be e-filed.

You will have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return.
 If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  Then you can prepare an amended tax return and mail it in.

How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return?

mesquitebean

Adding another W2 after filed

@vnortonstrong 

As TurboTax CassLO said above, everything depends on whether your first efiled attempt was rejected or accepted.

If your first submission was accepted, you'll have to prepare an amended return Form 1040X to add the additional W-2.  But in that case wait for any refund, if applicable, to arrive first.   In any case, the Form 1040X for amended returns won't be available in TurboTax until 2/12/2020.

In the meantime, do NOT make any changes in your original return.  If you end up needing to amend it, it must start off exactly as it was when you originally filed it.  If you have to amend, then do not make any changes in it until the Amend program tells you to.