ryanpitt15

According to my Tax Return, I owe Illinois money. I was curious to know if there is a reason why the state hasn't taken their money from my bank account yet.

I have already gotten a refund deposited into my bank account from the feds and Oklahoma.

KrisD

If the state is behind in processing their returns, they may not have gotten to your return yet.

According to the State of Illinois:

"We are taking additional steps to protect Illinois taxpayers from identity theft and fraud. To ensure the security and confidentiality of taxpayer information, we have initiated a review process to combat against fraudulently filed returns. As a result of the new security measures, refunds may take longer to process this year than in previous years."

(delays in tax payment processing may also be affected)

KrisD

According to the State of Illinois: