turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Accidentally put SAVINGS for direct deposit account info, when i meant to put CHECKING. will this affect my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

Accidentally put SAVINGS for direct deposit account info, when i meant to put CHECKING. will this affect my return?

Many banks will make simple corrections when there is a minor error in this type of deposit.

Generally, the direct deposit will be put into the account that matches the routing and account numbers you entered. If you used the account number for your savings account, then that will be the account your refund is deposited to.

If the refund can't be successfully deposited to the account you selected, the IRS may elect to mail a paper check instead.

Related information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

Many banks will make simple corrections when there is a minor error in this type of deposit.

Generally, the direct deposit will be put into the account that matches the routing and account numbers you entered. If you used the account number for your savings account, then that will be the account your refund is deposited to.

If the refund can't be successfully deposited to the account you selected, the IRS may elect to mail a paper check instead.

Related information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies