Solved: Accidentally put SAVINGS for direct deposit account info, when i meant to put CHECKING. will this affect my return?

Accidentally put SAVINGS for direct deposit account info, when i meant to put CHECKING. will this affect my return?

Many banks will make simple corrections when there is a minor error in this type of deposit.

Generally, the direct deposit will be put into the account that matches the routing and account numbers you entered. If you used the account number for your savings account, then that will be the account your refund is deposited to.

If the refund can't be successfully deposited to the account you selected, the IRS may elect to mail a paper check instead.

Related information:

Related information: