Accidentally filed form 8606
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Accidentally filed form 8606

I accidentally filed a non-deductible IRA contribution (form 8606) that I did not actually contribute to. I do not have any IRA accounts ONLY 401K. How do I fix this? Do I need to amend my return and start over?

2 Replies
Level 15

Accidentally filed form 8606

If you filed a 8606 with your tax return showing a non-deductible contribution on line 1 and you did not make any contribution then you need to file a new 8606 amending the first with the correct amount (zero if zero) on line 1 with an attached explanation.     The amended 8606 can be filed (mailed)  by itself.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
New Member

Accidentally filed form 8606

Ok, thank you!

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings