turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Eitc/Actc pathers only 2018 tax year

I know @Mommyof3 believe me I’m sorry best delay still like wth?!

That came out sooo wrong. I meant yeah I’m still under delay

Looks to me IRS website is correct. Will not see a update on our WMR till 2/23 won’t see deposits till 2/27. So far I have not got any update in my return and next year I will file same as I did but will not plan for it to be in my bank till March. Not sure why this Path Act is so long of a process and why the lift happens but doesn’t change most refunds meaning leaves us in dark still. I’m not able to see my transcripts so will not plan for a miracle cause so far nothing has been positive for me yet

I agree @Mommyof3. It just sucks that there seems to be no rhyme or reason why some people with EIC have gotten DD date and others, like me, have not. Doesn’t seem to matter if they filed after or before. It’s just random. And to be left in the dark is the worst part. You would think there is some system in place of order, but that seems to be asking to much.

I just read this article online. It basically says tax returns filed are down. Which is good for those of us who filed early. But the processing time is way down as well. Around 16% less people received tax deposit compared to last year. Here is the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fool.com/amp/taxes/2019/02/18/5-early-warning-signs-from-tax-reform...

lol so if you guys read waaaaaaaaay back on this thread(probably around the 9th or so), I tried telling you guys what I had read, which was that they will be held until the 27th. I had about 3 ppl tell me I was wrong and the IRS just uses that as a buffer. But it looks like its becoming a reality. Yes this sucks I really want my money too, but I have not gotten my hopes up about a DDD before the 27th at all, because I just simply read the IRS website. I still could be wrong, but If yall remember last year, that date that they had to be held was the 15th, and when did everyone get theirs? the 15th & 16th. Now its the 27th, I wouldn't expect anything until then. I truly truly hope I am wrong, but maybe this will just help some of yall wishful thinkers. Sorry to sound like an a**hole, just seems like theres ppl in here giving out a lot of false hope. good luck everyone!

@vmoore431 Yes, PATH was created in 2015. It has been causing holds since 2016 I believe, maybe 2015 but I think that's just the year it was drafted. You may not have filed as early the other years therfore you wouldn't have the hold. The only people that the PATH Act effects is early filers with those credits. If you file after the 15th you will never even know it exists because it doesn't apply to you. So that could have been the case in previous years for you because since 2016 I'm sure of and on, if you filed before Feb 15th the LAW requires a hold on your return until the 15th of February. This is not the first year PATH has effected people. It's a law so it's not going to put a hold on everyone else's last year but not yours, that's not how it works. I'd guess that you didn't file early last year, if you did and had EI or ACTC you had the hold then too. People think this is a new thing but it's not. Next year I won't be filing early, it doesn't seem to do any good since many people who filed after have a DDD. So I'm just going to be patient next year and wait for path to lift.

And a simple Google search can show you when PATH was created, if you don't believe that it was in place before 2019.

Same here and I just tried to call and the automated system wouldn't let me wait for a representative. It said "due to high call volume, try calling on Wednesday or Thursday" and hung up on me. I am extremely irritated. I guess a lot of people who claimed dependents got the "take action" message and from what I'm hearing, it doesn't even mean anything. It's more of a glitch or something. But after waiting since Saturday to get some kind of answer, now the IRS is hanging up on me. WTF?!!!

Not to mention, it's been almost a month since I filed my taxes. I filed on 1/28.

Correct, enacted 2015, but December, after fiscial year. People saw the first official delays for 2016 tax year which would have been 2017 deposit dates. First year (2017 deposit date)  I got hit hard they held mine til end of May, last year i got mine the 27th or 28th of feb, cant remember. Last year my wmr never updayed til after i had pending funds in my bank account. But my transcripts did reflect my ddd like 3 days before i got it.

However much we hate it remember  PATH also made child tax credit permananet, which would have expired in 2017  it also extended Earned income credit. Delaying the returns was the compromise to reduce fraud. So yes our refunds are delayed but without it we wouldnt be seeong those large credits either. Without the credits we would get back 600 of the 700 we actually paid into federal taxes. With the credits, we are getting 6,200! And there is no earned income on ours, just additional child tax credit.

I wish they were more clear, more fair about it, but at same time I am so glad we get those credits, and we only get them because of PATH.

Thanks so much for saying this b/c this is what has happened to me in the past. Never remembered having issues in 2015 nor 2016. I knew about the Path Act and why it was enacted. I am thankful that we are allowed those credits b/c they make a HUGE difference in our refunds. It's aggravating to wait, but it is what it is. Like you, I wish they would be a little clearer as to what the hold up (Path Act) is really about on their website.

I have always ranged 2-3,000 back that’s without any credits and this year I’m still getting that back with one credit ACTC so I think I rather go without the credit lol cause this wait wasn’t worth mine. I wouldn’t mind waiting if I was getting more then 3,000 back but since that’s not my case i kinda rather go without but too late for that I just have to deal with it and pray for update in morning

Wrongo buddy. I have my ddd and my sister just got her refund this morning and it’s 2000 more than mine. Lol. I guess if that makes you feel better but people are getting their refunds before the 27th.

I agree, unless there is a delay because of the gov't shutdown. The WMR should overdate over night. I've received my previous 2 return all by the 23rd of February.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies