Sethc12

1098-T

I filed my taxes yesterday and today I recieved my 1098-T for tuition. 

Is there anyway I can add it to my already filed taxes?

Thank you 

DavidS127

1098-T

No, you cannot add it to the taxes you already filed unless that filing is rejected by the IRS.  If the return is rejected by the IRS, you can add the 1098-T and resubmit your return after you have resolved the other issues.

If your filed return is accepted by the IRS, you will need to file an amended return to add your 1098-T. 

You should wait until your already-filed tax return has been processed (i.e., refund received or payment deducted from your bank account). Then, you can use TurboTax to prepare an amended return.

Click this link for instructions on how to file an amended return with TurboTax.

DavidS127

1098-T

Sethc12

1098-T

Thank you!