Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Katarina

Complaint

FYI, I am planning to write many reviews of your service after this years taxes and you have a choice in how positive or negative it will be.  You need to refund the charges in my account for this year, since I now have to hire a tax accountant to redo all my taxes and am leaving you as a customer for the below reason:

Without notice to me or my ex-husband, neither of us were able to claim child deductions and lost out on quite a bit of our tax refunds.  Then without so much as a sorry, there is a little text box WITHOUT any help, telling us we have to do those deductions by paper.

Now if you don't:
a) Apologize for this change, apologize for no notification when I started up my taxes AND apologize lack of service and loss of money after I have been a customer for many years
b) Refund what I paid for having my Turbo taxes this year since I now have to pay a tax accountant to redo my taxes.

I plan on putting a very honest and of course negative review ensuring that as much as is within my power to ensure no one else sign up for your service or to help my friends and family leave TurboTax.

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing what you have to say for yourselves.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Complaint

Sorry for your experience, but this is a public user-to-user forum. Threats hold no weight here.

Complaint

I want to lodge a complaint. Is this the right place?

Complaint

I want to lodge a complaint.is this the right place? 

Complaint

I have no idea what you are even complaining about ... if YOU completed the tax return incorrectly using the TT DIY program   then you can amend the return for free ... when the 2019 online version goes live in december you can use the Amendment process ... and if you are more specific in what went wrong then someone here may point you in the correct direction.  

If not then here are the Turbotax guarantees ... not sure if you qualify for any of them again since I don't know what went wrong : 

What is your "Maximum Refund (or Tax Savings) Guarantee or Your Money Back" all about?

Simply put, our Maximum Refund (or Tax Savings) Guarantee says that if you get a bigger tax refund (or owe less taxes) through another tax preparation method, we'll refund the purchase price you paid for TurboTax.

As with any guarantee, there are stipulations — for example, you have to notify us within 60 days of filing your return in TurboTax, and your return must be identical to the return prepared using the other tax-prep method.

You can read the fine print at the Intuit Software End User License Agreement. Type "maximum refund" in the Find feature in your browser (usually listed under Edit) to go to it quickly.

Related Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies