turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't delete TurboTax

So TurboTax said I was receiving a $796 federal refund (great) so I filed and after it was finished I looked again and it said my return was a total of $4 after filing which was NOT what it said initially. Thanks TurboTax for taking my money and/or having technical difficulties that have affected me since 2016. I will never be returning since you're unable to delete you account or clear any information. This post Is a record of how the company TurboTax have exploited their unfair hidden fees that only occurs after filing your return. Modern-day thieves.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

Can't delete TurboTax

I'm sorry to hear your refund amount changed so drastically in the final steps of filing. I can assure you that TurboTax didn't take the money, and that it wasn't a technical difficulty that caused your refund to change.

There are a variety of reasons that your refund can change as you go through the process, but I can't see your tax files so I don't have an explanation for you. 

Federal IRS recorded retention laws involving anything to do with tax information must be kept for a minimum of 3 years by any tax service.  It is in the Federal requirements for e-file providers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies