turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Christinajacob
Returning Member

i mailed state and federal taxes at the same time and my state has been intercepted and still no fed

where's my federal refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

i mailed state and federal taxes at the same time and my state has been intercepted and still no fed

Did you mail them in the same envelope? If so, then that's why. If you read the instructions that were printed with each tax return, you will see that state taxes get mailed to your state taxing authority, and federal taxes get mailed to the IRS. So if you included both tax returns in one envelope and mail it to the state, you have not filed your federal tax return yet. More than likely when the state received what you mailed them, they just trashed the federal return since the state does not deal with federal taxes - only state taxes.

Christinajacob
Returning Member

I put federal in separate envelope
Christinajacob
Returning Member

I have the postal deceit of it being mailed though ?
Carl
Level 15

Good deal! Understand it takes about 3-4 weeks after you mail it, before it's status will be available online. So if it's been at least 4 weeks, check at http://www.irs.gov/refunds.

If nothing, then print it out again, sign and date it, include a copy of your receipt for the originally mailed return to prove you filed on time, and mail it again, also return receipt required.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies