turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What's taking my refund so long? I have code 1541 on IRS site.

Im trying to figure out aswell linda noone is responded we will need to call Tuesday ourself
Sidney_90

I received this message, but I haven’t got an update on my end. I talked to the irs customer service on Friday and they said they didn’t see any letters generated. I said if I don’t see an update today I am going to call them back because it would be 21 days.

Hey I have the same code ! What was the reason when you called?
shawn101

Hi did you ever get an answer to what this code really mean for your taxes

Hey guys so I got the code also, I filed Jan 14th.. I had TAx 152 code for a couple weeks and changed to 154 this past Saturday... wait for tomorrow night for update. I’ll keep u guys updated too..
I wouldn’t call tomorrow because they say tomorrow is busiest tax day of the year and u could Ben on hold for hours lol

What's taking my refund so long

I talked to the irs today she said they didn’t have proof of my w2 in there system so I had to wait for my employer to send it to them. I got the code 1541 never had this problem before
CHarris84

Did you get a update from the IRS when you spoke with them

I spoke with them today and they told me I had to wait and additional 2 weeks by March 4 to see if there is and update or if I receive a letter. I am so frustrated because I need this money and now I have to wait and I file the same way each year nothing different

They told me it was because my job w2 wasn’t in there system

What number did you use to talk to someone? I keep getting call this number and then it hangs up. I call that number given and the same thing happens. It’s driving me nuts!

Did anybody get a date for they state? I did and I think that’s weird for me to get a date for my state but not federal

I haven’t got my state yet, my tax preparer don’t send the states until we pay her. Nicole in your case it is weird because if they can’t find your w2 how can you get your states. I feel like the irs is really playing. Like I’m so over it.
CHarris84

Well I sopke with the IRS this morning and the lady told me to give it more time until the 27th of this month cause they just started working on ppl with EIC credit but I know ppl with that credit and they have dates 

I completely agree with them just delaying all of ours for multiple reasons but no one really knowing why other than the majority being (EIC). Also I can’t get ahold of anyone. Does anyone have a number? I have called at least 3 different numbers. I’ll try the numbers one of you called and see if I can reach someone. I’ll relay what they will tell me.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies