turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What day did you file and have you received your refund? did you file with EIC, CTC, or ACTC

I tried everything except in person. Ended up requesting it via mail.

What day did you file and have you received your refund? did you file with EIC, CTC, or ACTC

Definitely try in person cause no one wants to wait basically two weeks for a transcript by the time that comes you might have your refund or and update

If you go in person just bring a ID the wait is pretty quick and you don’t need appointments I went in and said I needed my transcript for school (which was bull) and she printed it out and told me to have a good day

How did you find out that your date was changed this morning?

Filed and accepted on 2/1 but nothings changed since. I’m guessing i have eic since it’s taking this long. Usually get my refund in about 8-10 days

I don’t know why everyone on here keeps discussing the deposit dates as if the IRS is lying

If you claimed the ACTC the IRS site clearly states “the earliest your refund will appear in your bank is 2/27”. Period.

I see people on here saying “well TurboTax says the 21st!”.....well TurboTax isn’t the IRS. TurboTax isn’t the one paying you.

As I stated in my previous post, I filed my return on 1/31, was accepted the next morning and have been on one bar since. I have the ACTC.

My TurboTax profile says “projected deposit of 2/21”, but I highly doubt it, as the IRS site says what I already quoted.

If it says “sent” on 2/21 on WMR, great, I’ll let you guys know. Otherwise, if you have the ACTC, we will probably be waiting until the last week of Feb

Because some people that have that credit recieved their refund already

@IWag89
The IRS page claims "REFUND SENT 02/08" and I have NO DEPOSIT. We have used the same account for our refund for years. (Filed and accepted 1/31, married & joint with no EIC and no dependants) IRS says to contact your financial institution. I did speak with my bank and there was no transfer or deposit of any funds. So, now the IRS will not even discuss the issue with me until it has been 28 days since the refund sent date. I'm not in some desperate situation because I haven't received it, but it is very frustrating to be simply left in limbo.

@Daja4293

Who? And where is their proof?

I haven’t heard a single person that claimed ACTC say they received their money. Not to mention, I could easily lie and say “I got my refund today!” and none of you would know the difference

@IWag89 my coworkers and a few family members

I’m sorry, I flat out don’t believe you. Not trying to be rude, I just don’t. There is no where on the internet, in any forum, that someone who claimed ACTC has received their return. No where. But by coincidence your family and friends have? No way

The IRS, to be so adamant about saying “LEGALLY we cannot release ACTC refunds until MID FEBRUARY” it’s federal law. Your family and friends don’t get a free pass for federal law.

Now do I believe that people who did NOT claim ACTC or EIC got their return? Yes 100%

@IWag89 I know what i know they recieved their state refund back already and they filed early. One filed 1/24/19 and the others on 1/30/18

@Daja4293 the state return has nothing to do with the federal delay due to EIC or ACTC. I get my state tomorrow but my federal hasn't even changed from accepted and I claim ACTC.

Now last year there were some people who with EIC and ACTC that got theirs before the 15th but that was because they were randomly selected to test the system. I don't know if that is a yearly thing or if it was just last year.

@nick112207 okay thank you informing I thought state and federal both had to deal with EIC and ACTC

State and Federal are completely seperate returns. I live in a non-tax state, so I only file federally

hit the nail on the head

Last year, a very small percentage of EIC and ACTC got their returns in early February as a “trial run” for the new tax changes

This year, the IRS is sticking to their guns. The whole reason they are waiting until Mid February is to verify that a child is being claimed on only ONE return. With the divorce rate and child out of wedlock statistics being so high, so many people attempt to claim a child on seperate, individual, returns. The IRS is verifying that the child is only on ONE parents return for the credit.

Again, the IRS government website says “The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.” VERBATIM.

There is no “luck” or “maybe mine is different”. They aren’t even reviewing EIC or ACTC returns until this week and next. Hence the projected deposit date of 2/27
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies