turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Shaniya1216
Returning Member

State refund

Why does it say it can take up to 90 days to process state refund? How fast did anybody state refund come
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

State refund

Every state has their own time frame to process refunds.  However, 90 days for an e-filed return is longer than typical.  You can contact your state's Department of Revenue and ask for an explanation.  If you mailed in your tax return then 90 days is possible as mail in returns take longer to process.

Click the TurboTax link below to check the status of your state refund or for contact information for your state's Department of Revenue.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Shaniya1216
Returning Member

State refund

Yes i did mines electronically and when i try to track it it says recieved and give up to 90 business days to process. I wanted to know why it has to be that long ? And i filed March 6,2018 it’s been 3 weeks
Shaniya1216
Returning Member

State refund

Hello can somebody help

State refund

I would contact your state's Department of Revenue and ask for an explanation.

State refund

What state are you dealing with...I thought I heard NM was taking an extra long time this year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Shaniya1216
Returning Member

State refund

Columbus Georgia

State refund

That's a record!  90 days is correct so do not expect your refund before June 6, 2018.  And if you are a first time Georgia tax filer then you will receive your refund via a check in the mail.  So your refund may take a little bit longer.

Here is what the GA Tax Center website states:

• Income tax return processing will begin February 1, 2018.
  • Please allow 90 business days to process a return and issue a refund.
  • All first-time Georgia income tax filers, or taxpayers who have not filed in Georgia for at least five years, will receive a paper check.

Click this link to get the status of your GA refund:  https://gtc.dor.ga.gov/_/#1

Shaniya1216
Returning Member

State refund

That is crazy why should i have to wait that long i need all my money now .. this is crazy i should have filed with somebody else then everything is moving slow please help

State refund

The 90-day wait time is a Georgia thing.  It doesn't matter which tax software or tax service you use -  it doesn't change or speed up the processing time.   Although, we love our customers, and it matters to us that you used TurboTax and we are happy when you do!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies