turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bt33
Returning Member

My refund is taking forever

I filed on February 26, 2018 and still have yet to receive my refund. I had a very simple tax return. I haven't received a refund nor have I received an explanation. Getting a hold of a human to speak to is impossible. I tried the "Track My Refund". I entered my SSN and zip code which I retrieved from my downloaded form and it says it can't locate my refund. This is **bleep**ing ridiculous.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

bt33
Returning Member

I don't understand how that could be considering all of my direct deposit is entered and correct. Even still, why wouldn't I have received a check in the mail?

bt33
Returning Member

Also, why does the top of my screen say 'Way to Go, Brittany. You filed your 2017 taxes' if I didn't file them?

AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

You can file by mail and still get direct deposit. Efiling and direct deposit are two separate things. Your options for filing your taxes are by mail (print and send) or by efile. It sounds like you selected, whether intentional or not, filing by mail. (Sometimes specific tax situations require filing by mail, so efiling isn't an option.)

You have a few options for receiving your refund, one of which is direct deposit. So you could have direct deposit selected for your refund, but you won't get your refund until you've submitted your taxes (whether by mail or efiling). 

The top of your screen likely says you filed because you selected filing by mail, and when that happens your taxes are considered "filed" through TurboTax because our part is done and your next step is to print and send in your forms.

You can read more information about printing and filing your taxes here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies