turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS Identity Verification 4883C for FY2017 and TurboTax Payment

I have filed using TurboTax the last three tax years, and have not had any problems until this tax year. I was checking on the IRS website when my refund would be tentatively arriving, with TurboTax estimating the 10th of March. On the IRS website, I was receiving the same message day after day: "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." When March 10th, a Saturday, came around, I received a letter from the IRS in the mail containing form 4883C. Since the IRS' phoneline listed on the letter wasn't open on the weekend, I called first thing on Monday, March 12th, in the morning. As per the letter, I had my tax documents from FY2016 and FY2017. The IRS agent told me that I could start checking for an update again starting on March 19th, the following week. She said that it could take up to 9 weeks for the refund to clear, and to call the IRS after that if it hasn't. I have been checking daily to see if any updates have been made available.

This would not constitute a problem for me if I hadn't prepared my taxes with the intention of taking the TurboTax Preparation fee out of my total amount. I am prepared to pay what I owe for the preparation but wanted to see if there was anything to be done in the meantime, outside of continuing to check the "Where's My Refund" section on the IRS website.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

IRS Identity Verification 4883C for FY2017 and TurboTax Payment

Hi Jaron,

Don't worry about us and whenever your return is processed, you'll be able to have your TurboTax preparation fees taken out of your total amount.

While we don't have any insight into the exact IRS timeline but the IRS website mentioned that it may take approximately nine weeks to process it once you verify your identity. Here's a link to the IRS website with some additional information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies