Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

faerie38

Bars disappeared on WMR

Accepted and received on 03/26/2018. Today (31st) I checked WMR and mybars have disappeared and instead of "being processed" it says "still being processed". I have a 6 month old baby and I don't have time for the bs of extra delays. I of course have a new dependent (my first child) to claim and I claimed EITC but come on. Do I need to get a tax advocate? I don't want to be told to "wait 21 days" because I've read enough to take a hint that the IRS is trying to put me in the wrong when I've done no wrong. So what? Are they trying to audit because I worked my @!$ off while I was pregnant and had my first child? Only honest, no b.s. responses please. I need diapers lol
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Bars disappeared on WMR

It doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong or that you are being audited when they remove the bars. "Still being processed" just means they are still working on your return. Have they put a notice for you to contact them there on that status page? 

The government doesn't send any updates on your return or refund status to TurboTax after they accept your return. So only they can provide you with further details on the status now. Many returns take longer than 21 days since not all of them are the exact same. Every return they get is different in some way. You won't know if they are auditing you until they send you a letter stating that they are. 

But you do have the option to check with a taxpayer advocate to see if they can help you get your refund quicker. They are pretty good about helping the process along if they can. Give them a call at 1-877-777-4778 and tell them your situation and they can let you know what they can do to help; if anything. 

Or you can go to this website to locate a Taxpayer Advocate office in your area http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Taxpayer Advocate Service can help if you can't resolve your problem with the IRS and:
  • Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business.
  • You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
  • You've tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded to you, or the IRS hasn't responded by the date promised.

Bars disappeared on WMR

I realize waiting is not fun.  Here is the most honest thing I can tell you about getting your refund.  It can take up to 21 days to receive.  Processing times may take a little longer for those receiving tax credits.  You're just one of many millions of people waiting.  A tax advocate is not necessary at this point and more than likely you are not going to be audited.

May I offer very sincere sisterly advice?  Try to view getting your refund as if it were a surprise, something you didn't know was coming.  Continue life and work as usual.  This will help reduce and relieve all stress and frustration.  Then when your refund arrives - voila! - life is amazing!  And if you have a special little one in your life, then it really truly is.

KING713
Returning Member

Bars disappeared on WMR

Whatever happened with this?  

Candrew34

Bars disappeared on WMR

For some people, it cannot be a just pleasant surprise. For this person who asked the question, obviously she said, she needs money very soon. Just saying think of refund as pleasant surprise isn't helping anyone here.

Deb

Bars disappeared on WMR

My return is "still in process" as well, as of July 27 I was an early filer as well.  They asked for copies of w-2's which I sent on June 25.  And I know I attached to the original return when I filed it.  I don't consider my refund a surprise. It is money I earned and they are holding. I owe estimated taxes--but they owe me more than my payment.  Don't really feel inclined to pay them MORE right now.  If they paid the kind of interest they charge us, we would have our refunds right now!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies