cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Maryland state tax return error

I am getting the following error in turboxtax.com and not exactly sure what to do:

Form 502: _ Form calculation (State and local income taxes) has not been finalized. You must obtain an update before you file your return. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the Online menu to connect to our website.

Should I ignore it and File anyway? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

The Maryland forms are not final until tomorrow 1/25/2019. TurboTax Online will update automatically and TurboTax desktop for Win/Mac will need a manual update in order for you to file.

6 Comments
Level 6

Having the same issue and wont let me efile

Level 3

Same error any fix?

Level 2

Also getting the same error... hoping to see a solution

Level 2

I am also getting the same error, although I have already PAID for both my state and federal to e-file. The LEAST TurboTax can do is explain that it is NOT a user error and give estimation for resolution. Please document this in case it needs litigation.

TurboTax please address the state tax issue for Maryland residents that need to e-file. Maryland is going to start accepting e-file on January 28,2019, your company will be liable to all users that were ready to e file by that date that we’re not notified with a resolution, myself included.
Highlighted

The Maryland forms are not final until tomorrow 1/25/2019. TurboTax Online will update automatically and TurboTax desktop for Win/Mac will need a manual update in order for you to file.

Level 2

My MD taxes were rejected... 2/17/2019  MD State Form#502 referenced. And I am unable to update for error fix info.