turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

c4rette

20% Pass Through Deduction

Are the tax forms completely up to date on turbo tax as of today 1/22/2019? I do not see the 20% pass through deduction and I meet all of the requirements. I am thinking maybe the shut down is affecting the new forms coming out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
wrwbear

I wonder, too.  And, is Turbo Tax up to date?  I looked all over my filed forms 1040, Schedule C, etc., and I didn't see anything about this deduction.  Nowhere in the TT questions or analysis of my forms for errors.  If the IRS hasn't completed incorporating this deduction into the Forms, then why is there no notice from TT?  (As a separate issue, my state had not completed its home office form and TT told me to wait until it was done to file my state taxes.)  Did Turbo Tax really drop the ball for small business owners?

TurboTax seems to be asleep at the switch on this. No answers to our questions - no solutions - time to start hammering on this!!!

c4rette

I figured this out. I bought turbo tax back in November and plugged all of my numbers in but the deduction didn't show up. So I waited until the 1/28 for the 1st day of filing, it still didn't show up. I think it would have if I didn't enter all of my info prior to the tax forms being released. I deleted everything I plugged in and started fresh... and the 20% deduction is there now!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies