turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ariz2017
Returning Member

tax product pe2

What does tax product pe2 mean? someone please help..mm

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

tax product pe2

Tax Product pe2 indicates that your TurboTax fees were paid with your refund.   This transaction is handled by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group. 

tax product pe2

I was sent an email saying I got a direct deposit from tax product pe2 of over 5000.00 on 3/6 but nothing is in there and I was wondering if it was a mistake?

tax product pe2

I suppose to get $252 and only got $102

MayaD
Employee Tax Expert

tax product pe2

It could be that you used the Refund Processing Service to pay your TurboTax Online fees.

Or, it could be that your refund was reduced by the government, either to correct an error or through a refund offset. The IRS Where's My Refund tool will let you know if your refund have been offset.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mB6hamburger
Returning Member

tax product pe2

I didnt get no answer saying that my taxes been offset? what should i do

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

tax product pe2

@mB6hamburger This is an old thread from March 2018. I do not see where you posted a question. Did you receive a letter from the IRS about a Refund Offset? 

refund offset is when an IRS refund is reduced or intercepted to pay off delinquent debt, such as past-due child support, outstanding student loans, or unpaid state income tax.

You'll get an explanatory letter from the Bureau of the Fiscal Service if your refund is offset. The remainder of your refund will be processed as usual. An offset shouldn't delay it unless your entire refund was applied to your debt.

More info about refund offsets, including contact info and the appeals process, is available in IRS Tax Topic 203

mB6hamburger
Returning Member

tax product pe2

I then call IRS offset department and they said that i dont have no offset, so why did i received a tax product pe2 and my federal refund still same status 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

tax product pe2

Tax Products pe2 should be what you paid to prepare your tax return with us.  For more details, please see the Help Article here.  

Manage cookies