turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refiling my 2017 taxes

I accidentally used my 2016 W-2 on my 2017 taxes.  How can I start over and file my taxes with my correct W-2 now that I have it?  I have already paid the fee to do my taxes and it got rejected because I used the wrong W-2.  Please help as I have been trying to figure this out and don't want to go to another place and pay more. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
kmpeco

Refiling my 2017 taxes

Go to start page of Turbo-tax,  Select "file", "open tax return" from menu.  On the page select "amend a filed return"  Redo your return with correct data and file as an amended return.  Good luck. 🙂
nswarfel

Refiling my 2017 taxes

So what if the federal filing instructions attached to the Amended 2017 tax return PDF don't include instructions on how to file via mail. Both TuboTaxAmend2017 and 2018's list of forms upon completion only include instructions for e-filing amended federal returns. The problem is, if your repairing rejected returns this late in the game they need to be mailed.  

Refiling my 2017 taxes

you can get the instructions for form 1040X at www.irs.gov. it will tell you how to assemble and mail your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies