Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received a letter from cdtfa with a title "immediate action required file your return"

I got this letter in my mailbox today. The wired part is that the my name is not on it, the recipient is EG COMMUNICATION INC. This letter has an account number, limited access code and collection ID on it. Actually I don't even have an account... What is happening?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

Received a letter from cdtfa with a title "immediate action required file your return"

I recommend looking up the CDTFA phone number separate from anything that might be listed on the letter and giving them a call to inquire about it. They should be able to determine the validity of the letter.

CDTFA is the department that collects Sales and Use tax from resellers in CA.

If you don't know who EG Communications is, but it came to your address, then it sounds like someone gave the CDTFA the incorrect mailing address for their  business.

If you ARE EG Communications and you sell merchandise in your business, you must register with CDTFA and file sales tax reports each year.

You need to get in contact with CDTFA and find out what exactly is required from you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies