Member I

Is Airport and/or City Fee paid by Uber or Subsidiaries deductible?

I couldn't find any information on this, can I rid off of my taxes and where ?.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tax Expert

You would take all expenses except that last one of $160 (because that is a reimbursement).  The total expenses from the statement should be $4,954.75 for your 'other miscellaneous expenses' category.

Member I

Thank for clarifying it

7 Comments
Tax Expert

What do you mean airport/city fees paid by Uber?

If the fees were included in the gross amounts reported to you on a statement on 1099-K, then they would be deductible as a business expense.

Tax Tips for Car Sharing Drivers

Member I

First of all, I did not receive 1099-K, as far as I made < 20k but 1099-MISC and Yearly Summary.

I'm confused about this line: All items marked with a * may be tax deductible. Please explain what that means ?. And which one I should 

Currently, I have entered Gross Trip Earnings and Total Additional Earning (from MISC-1099) as income

I took the standard deduction based on online mileage (provided by Uber) + miles between pickups (personal calculation) as a result 8235$ are deductible + 600 cellphone expense, that it. The part I'm really confused is should I enter Uber Service Fee/Other Adjustment +  Booking Fee + Airport and/or City Fee Paid by Uber or Subsidiaries as expenses?. Or which one I can deduct. I hope I'm clear this time. Thank you.

Tax Expert

Member I

Thank for clarifying it

Tax Expert

You are welcome Smiley Happy

Member I

I thought Turbotax will take care of inserting those expenses automatically after I gave access to Uber account. But apparently, I had to do it manually. API integration could be batter, please pass my proposal to engineering team fro future consideration.

Tax Expert

Will do. All comments suggestions are welcomed. 

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.