Visitor III

IL 4644, box E and F - RSUs that vested in 2016, sold in 2017? (FMV and tax basis question)

Hi,

I am currently filing for my 2017 taxes, and had 10 shares that vested at $736.76 each in 2016.  The shares were RSUs provided by the company as part of my compensation plan.  I paid the taxes for them out-of-pocket, and did not sell-to-cover.  In 2017, I sold the shares at a gain, and each share was $845.00.  I also paid $15 commission for the sale as well, so my gross proceeds less commission was $8,434.86).

My question comes to my (I am an Illinois resident) IL-4644.  Turbotax complained that I needed to fill out one of the fields (not sure if was E or F).  Box D "gain reported on federal return" was pre-filled at $1,067.  From my understanding Box E "Fair Market Value on Distribution Date" should be $7368.  And Box F "Federal Tax Basis on Distribution Date" should be $7383 ($7368 + $15 commission).

Does that sound about right, specifically for Box E and F since TurboTax did not know what to do with those fields?  Thanks!

Mike

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.