turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error Flagged Field that is correct and I can't correct

2017 TurboTax Deluxe - Form 1040 - Additional Other Taxes Smart Worksheet - Line E   Accumulation distribution of trusts: this entry is flagged as needing correction (contains "0") which is correct as I have NO trusts. When I try to do anything to change/override the value, nothing happens and the flag (pink field) remains. I have researched the issue inside and outside of TurboTax and not found how to clear this error ... please HELP

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

After a ton of searching and a form for form - line for line comparison with last year's TT forms, I spotted an anomaly which led to a finding that when I had erroneously answered a question regarding taking required disbursements, then hit "Back" and corrected the answer, then moved on, the problem was created.

A form was created (I failed to save the number but it had an alphabetic suffix) and after correction a value of "0" was left behind. (Which was factually correct.) However, during your fed. error check it was flagged as an error (?) which would not clear even though I tried to add supporting info., tried overriding, tried ignoring ... NOTHING would do away with the error. Then after discovering the "not needed" form, I deleted it and the problem went away. PROBLEM SOLVED.

But, there is a TT program error in that when I did a "legal" BACK and correction, it should NOT have flagged the only remaining "0" entry as an error OR should have removed the no-longer needed form (preferred).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You may need to contact support so that they can view your screen. You can contact TurboTax at either link below.

What is the TurboTax number?

Contact US

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After a ton of searching and a form for form - line for line comparison with last year's TT forms, I spotted an anomaly which led to a finding that when I had erroneously answered a question regarding taking required disbursements, then hit "Back" and corrected the answer, then moved on, the problem was created.

A form was created (I failed to save the number but it had an alphabetic suffix) and after correction a value of "0" was left behind. (Which was factually correct.) However, during your fed. error check it was flagged as an error (?) which would not clear even though I tried to add supporting info., tried overriding, tried ignoring ... NOTHING would do away with the error. Then after discovering the "not needed" form, I deleted it and the problem went away. PROBLEM SOLVED.

But, there is a TT program error in that when I did a "legal" BACK and correction, it should NOT have flagged the only remaining "0" entry as an error OR should have removed the no-longer needed form (preferred).

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Thank you for the feedback. It is true that in some circumstances, an error cannot be corrected by revisiting the entries and changing selections. Sometimes, the selection process alone generates a form/schedule/worksheet, and the only remedy is to remove the generated form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies