Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor II

Amending 2017 Return with a 1099-B

My federal and state returns for 2017 have been filed and accepted.  But I had forgotten that I completely sold my stock shares in 2017 and received a 1099-B.  These are shares purchased by my grandmother in the 90's and transferred to me several years ago.  The 1099-B form they sent me has them listed as Uncovered, with no date acquired information.  The proceeds amount to $1,331 and no federal or state taxes withheld.  


Using turbo tax to help file an amended return, it was showing no change in what I owed on the federal or state level after I entered all the information.  The program reviewed everything and I was ready to print and send in the amended return.  However from what I can tell I am not required to pay any money, nor am I receiving any money back.  I am in the 15% tax bracket, and from what I gather long term capital gains tax is 0%.  


Knowing all of this, is there any point in filing an amended return if there is no change in money owed on either side?

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.