turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099k consignment sales

hi - I own a small gift shop, last year my credit card sales were over 24,000 and square sent me a 1099k.  about half of those sales were consignment sales.  where do I enter the 1099k and how do I account for the difference in total sales and my actual income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LindaA
Expert Alumni

1099k consignment sales

If you are a sole proprietor, you'll report this information on Schedule C: Profit or Loss from Business. Enter the 1099-K as self-employment income and the consignor payouts as business expenses. The expenses will be deducted from the gross income to determine your net income from self-employment.

TurboTax tailors the business expenses to your type of work (i.e., consignment sales) when you enter general information about your business. At the beginning of the Schedule C interview, TurboTax prompts, Tell us the type of self-employment work you do. Enter "Gift Shop" and click Continue. The screen prompts We need a little more info. Choose "Consignment sales", click Continue, and TurboTax pre-selects the expenses most common for this line of work, including commissions you paid, such as consignor payouts. (Click the link to the screenshot below for reference.) 

Please see these FAQs for instructions on entering your self-employment income and expenses:

How do I enter a 1099-K in TurboTax Online?

Where do I enter my self-employment business expenses? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies