Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2


I have a loss on a form 1099-A personal house foreclosure,  How do I claim this loss in Turbo Tax,

1 Comment
Employee TurboTax Specialist


Since the 1099-A was for personal use property, you don't need to report it on your tax return. Also, you cannot deduct a personal loss on your tax return. 


For more information, please see the following FAQs:

What do I do with Form 1099-A?

I sold my home at a loss. Is this deductible?