DEK

1098-T reflects Tuition Paid from QTP, but not the Room and Board that was also paid from a QTP

I cannot claim my daughter on my tax return this year (over 24) and when I am doing her taxes in Turbo Tax, the 1099-Q reflects total qualified payments made directly to her college (($31,202), but the 1098-T received from her college only has tuition in box 1 ($23,112).  The difference is room and board paid directly to the school from the qualified tuition program.  Is there a way in turbo tax to show that the room and board was paid directly by the QTP?

2 Comments
AS1

I see the similar challenge where Turbotax Premier is not recognized "Room and Board" Expenses towards College Saving 529 plan distribution!

it should work

when you enter the 1099-T, there is a point in the questions where it asked for other expenses.... and there is a box for Room and Board.  

i tested it in TT and it worked fine.