Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor II

Like Kind Exchange

Is it better to report a 1031 exchange (rental property to rental property) on my schedule C or my schedule E? Are there any benefits to which one you report it on?

TurboTax is asking me which form to report it on or if I even want to report it at all. Isn't it a requirement to report this transfer on your taxes?

1 Comment
TurboTax Specialist

Like Kind Exchange

Link the 1031 exchange to the schedule to which the property belongs-schedule E.