turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

continuing return crashes on turbot deluxe windows 2018

I saved my file in the desktop version and when I open it up again and click on continue return it spins for a while and then crashes. Tried running in admin mode, disabling virus software, uninstalling, reinstalling, manual updates, opening from file location. and every time it crashes after clicking on continue return. I can click on start a new return and work on a new return but I can not retrieve the one that I have been working on. please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
cchap778

I am having the same issue with TT Premier on my Mac.  When I go in to continue the return, as I'm about halfway through, i enter my password for the return and it just closes out and says it has closed out unexpectedly.  Did you get this figured out?

MAC7

Here's my story. Spent hours and hours working on my taxes on Home and Business version of TT.  It crashed over and over.  I had to re-do the taxes several times.  Finally after saving the document in 10 locations and countless hours of doing my taxes.  I got to the end.  And the return would not e-file or print.  Spoke to support for hours.  Literally hours and they could not fix the issue.  

I got a refund. Downloaded HR Block software and while watching my 2 children under 2 i was able to complete my taxes in a few hours.  

If you are having issues with the program crashing, files being corrupt.  Stop. Get a refund. And go to HR block.  

I have spent over two weeks trying to
Figure this mess out. I have used TurboTax home and business desktop for 14 years.... .never had an issue. 3018 Software crashes every time I press continue return in windows 10 build 1809. Spent hours with the techs and did everything from disabling antivirus, uninstalling / installing manuals loads pushed by TurboTax disabling firewalls to creating new accounts on the computer... nothing works. The only thing I have been able to isolate so far is that the software work fine as long as you are not connected to the internet. I got offline got into the program, completed my return and got back online in the hope that it would let let me file but this garbage just crashes. Moving on to HR....
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies