Visitor I

Uber Import - TurboTax counts expenses as Income ! Major Bug I think.

I imported my info from Uber via the API and 2 numbers come across:

1)  Your Gross Income  (about $15k)

2) Uber's fees and other expenses.  (about  $5k ) HOWEVER, TurboTax labeled this smaller number as 'Additional Income' instead of what it says on my Uber Dashboard Tax Form "  Expenses, Fees and Tax"

I'm pretty sure this is the exact opposite of what it SHOULD be labelled because:

I depositied around $10k from Uber, proving that $15k was gross and they took their 20% plus other fees ($5).  But, upon import, TurboTax said I made $20k and owed $5k in tax!  (After calling in and manually deleting the second number, and then manually entering the 3 expense figures that total $5k, I found out I only owe $2k  !!!    So I am assuming there are a lot of Uber Drivers importing their figures and paying over 100% more tax than they should.  ?   

Perhaps the bug is on Uber's side of the API but either way, this is pretty MAJOR bug I think.

If it helps, i am currently not an active driver but I can log into my driver account and get records, so I assume I'm the same in the API.  

Thanks for any help.  There are hundreds of thousands of Uber drivers in the US.  

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.