Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

It is pretty pathetic for Intuit to post their standard tier 0 answer for any TurboTax issue.  If Intuit were to only to read the post, they would know that this is an application issue and out of memory bug.  

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

same here. It is the software

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Are you maximizing the TT screen? Mine was crashing, as well. So I opened the software, kept it at its original window and it stopped crashing. Not sure if that helps. Good luck.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I'm running TurboTax Premier 2018 on a Windows 10 up-to-date 64 bit O/S.  When I attempt to import information from a broker, in my case Schwab, it just crashes hard and it is repeatable.  My work around is to hand key everything making the software nearly useless.  If you cannot fix this Intuit, you should refund the purchases.  I'd be happy to join a class action suit for negligence.  I have not seen any software behave this badly in several years. - Brian McDonald

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

rogelio32 amazingly and bizarrely this is working so far for me. I'm now doing my taxes is a small box rather than on my full big laptop screen 🙃

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Rogelio

I'm not sure how you came up with your idea but you're a genius!  I just completed my taxes by NOT maximizing the screen although I did adjust the windows size.  I did not experience even one crash!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I also purchased mine at Costco and am running on Windows 10.  But several times when I advance to a new section I get a blank page.  Several sections I cannot enter information.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

I have been having the same issue with Premier for several weeks not (windows 10 as well).  Tried again today as turbotax updated when I opened, got a few entries in and now it is closing on most any action (just like last week).  Had a less that satisfactory call with support on Feb 9.  After holding for some time, I got first level support.  After having me deinstall and reinstall (twice, once from a fresh distribution) she was able to contact her 2nd level support (I think they were texting) for a very inefficient conversation.  I asked multiple times to connect us all so we could move faster but she would not/could not do that.  After about 3 hours on the phone, when 2nd level wanted me to deinstall and reinstall (3rd time) I terminated the call.  

INTUIT WHERE ARE YOU?  Those of us having this issue need some information in order to decide whether we should return for refund and buy HRBlock.  Time is running...

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Having the same problem. My feeling is that they have not put the resources in to make Tax 2018 usable. Get the feeling they are going to force everyone to go online. Unfortunately  I cannot use the online version.  This is painful.

Turbotax 2018 Deluxe crashes constantly

Just downloaded the DELUXE program and it is basically useless operating on a Windows 10 machine. I really don't understand how can they sell this piece of junk. I have been preparing my taxes for years using Turbo Tax, I will admit that it always had some issues with crashing that got worse as the years progressed. This 2018 version is literally like stealing. It crashes on almost anything I try to do.  This is what happens when all the competition in the Tax preparation software has been eliminated. It doesn't help the the US Tax code is designed to keep these players in business.  Can you imagine a flat tax based system where you could complete your return in 5 minutes!! Unfortunately the rent-seekers will never allow this to happen.