Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax phone support

I have posted my question for TurboTax here (https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4441072), but I would really like an answer ASAP before Tuesday's deadline.  

Does anyone know if there is a way to talk with someone directly from TurboTax?  

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax phone support

I figured it out ... now I will be on hold for 65 minutes!  I realize I should have started done this much earlier than 2 days before the deadline.  But, it seems like TurboTax should have the feature where they call you back.  

Here is the URL to get the contact support phone number:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

View solution in original post

10 Replies

TurboTax phone support

I figured it out ... now I will be on hold for 65 minutes!  I realize I should have started done this much earlier than 2 days before the deadline.  But, it seems like TurboTax should have the feature where they call you back.  

Here is the URL to get the contact support phone number:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

TurboTax phone support

After waiting 75 minutes on hold, I was told I have to talk with the "TAX SUPPORT TEAM" and would have to be transferred.  So I was transferred and the recording said the wait time was over 210 minutes ... but then they took my phone number and said they would call me back.  Here is hoping they will call me tomorrow (as it is closing time for them in 5 minutes)

TurboTax phone support

I have used turbo tax for 2 years.  I will not use them again if I am unable to talk with them  The IRS says I owe them over $6,000,oo

TurboTax phone support

If you would like to tell us here what tax year you are talking about, and what exactly they are changing in your return, as well as what product you used, online or desktop Cd/Download, we can likely direct you to where to look in your return to see what you entered and how you might respond to the IRS. 

TurboTax phone support

Year 2016

Mistakes were made by me in entering some income from pensions as salary.  It seems someone with Turbo may have noticed this mistake, and told me.  The IRS noticed it and are asking for about $6,000,00.  I have an accountant working with me to correct the problem.   He Informed me his time to correct and refilled with be expensive for me.  I would like you to tell me why the mistake got thru Turbo Tax people?

Clyde Benton

TurboTax phone support

The IRS picks up this kind of entry error because they have their own copies of the forms you receive from different issuers and they compare those to your return.  TurboTax has what you enter and nothing more.  If you say the form you are looking at is a W-2 by entering the amounts under the W-2 section, the program has no reason at all to question your entry. 

When you enter that section, the title of the screen tells you you are starting with your W-2s and each W-2 box is presented to you, labeled exactly as it is on your W-2.  If what you are looking at is a 1099-R, none of the boxes would match up to the screens, which alerts most people to the fact that they're attempting to enter the form in the wrong place.  The program, of course, cannot see the form you are looking at.

cdnewby

TurboTax phone support

Does anyone know how to talk directly with anyone at Turbotax? I need  access to all my 2015 filing documents and worksheets, but am unable to find them via internet links.

TurboTax phone support

call [One - eight hundred - four four six - eight eight four eight] and confuse the robot with your answers. IT WORKS! your get to talk to a person.

lfh
Returning Member

TurboTax phone support

How do I find last year's file signature so I can file this year's taxes which I have ready for filing?  I thought I had last year's but this year's has been rejected.  I have my copy of 2018 return which I filed easily and its AGI but I can't file this year's (2019) return for some reason.  My husband died in July 2019 and I have prepared all the data properly for this year.  I need to file it now!  My home phone number is [phone number removed].  Leila 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax phone support

A lot of people have had that issue this year.

Time-saving Tip: If what you entered is correct and you continue to get a reject, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In this case, your only option would be to print and mail in your return.

This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies