turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Keeps Closing

I am using TT Premier on Win 10.  The program is very unstable and keeps closing, typically when I save a file, or open or close a form.  When I reopen, my file has to be "recovered" about 50% of the time.  I have given my OS a "fresh start" and reinstalled the program, without any improvement.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TurboTax Keeps Closing

1) Make sure you have plenty of disk space.

2) Folks with solid-disk-drives and variable system memory have had problems in the past, and have needed to set a locked system memory size...but I don't know whether it is still a problem.

3)  Don't put your file on a removable drive of flash drive...that will crap out on you.  Only work on files on your system disk

4)  Call Customer Support during working hours Mon-Friday only:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
wcompton2

TurboTax Keeps Closing

I am having the same problem with the TT Premium version for tax year 2018.   I have asked TT how to correct the problem, no answer as yet.

TurboTax Keeps Closing

I spent at least an hour on the phone last year with tech support but they had no record of anyone with a similar issue.  I see a month later someone posted an acknowledgment that others were having the same issue.  If you find a fix please post.  I just had to tough it out, reopening the program a 100 times.  If it repeats again for tax year 2018 I will repost.  

TurboTax Keeps Closing

This topic is also being discussed in the following thread but unfortunately no one has mentioned a solution.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/Get-your-taxes-done-using-TurboTax/Turbotax-2018-Deluxe-crashes-co...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies