TurboTax Deluxe 2018 crashes constantly on Windows 10

I was not particularly impressed with tech support.  It appears they read from a script and are not able to do much independent thinking.

Are you maximizing your TT after you open the software? Mine was also crashing after every few clicks. Then I opened TT, left it in its original window (not maximized) and I was able to complete my taxes without it crashing again. I am not sure why TT 2018 behaves this way, but it worked for me. Good luck.

Fascinating idea - will try this and let you know if it works for me. 

Mine hasn't crashed or lagged, but Tech support seems to be reading from a scripted responses.  They could not give me any answers regarding exactly why my taxes were rejected, why I have to wait until March 17th to correct my W2 information???!!! and refile my taxes.  This was after the system reviewed and checked by information, and said my taxes were correct.  I no longer trust Turbo Tax !!!

NOT Resizing to Full Screen has WORKED like a champ to eliminate the continuous TT crashes.  I have now had TT up and running normally for 2+ hours.

I am using all of the current drivers for my video card (GeForce 970), so it appears that Intuit has a more fundamental issue.

Many thanks to the previous posters regarding this work-around.

I also note that with Intuit's new private equity owners, that no one from the company is monitoring or responding to this string.

Mine also can be found on the task bar, but I cannot save the file! It says the file doesn't exist.  Duh, that is why I am trying to save it. If anyone knows a way to save the file, I would love to know.

Thank you. 

I agree. This 2018 SW is horrible. Never had an issue before. Will be looking into new Tax SW. Very disapointed.

I tried that. It made no difference for me. It still shuts down.

I am going to try the suggested work around of not maximizing window, but REALLY? I too have been a long time Turbo Tax user (20+ years) and also very familiar with software development. Intuit...you have major issues with this version. It constantly crashes (has crashed 12 times in 2 hours and required me to restart & re-enter items). There are also MANY errors (mortgage interest from vacation home was improperly linked to business use of my primary home, business use of home is skipping required inputs for deductions on schedule A, error check is missing errors, etc.). I thoroughly review my return and compare to my offline calculations and this is how I am catching errors. Understandably, 2018 saw major tax reform that required major overhaul to the software, but where is Quality Control?

I've been a TTax user since Ttax92.   This has been happening since TT 2017.  You know there is management failure when tech support can not answer basic questions and sends you links to community boards like this one for solutions.  What happened to professionally staffed company boards with a pipeline into engineering so you could get real time info  - like "Yes we know its an issue, we're working on it, and have posted the following fixes".  Instead you all you get is desperate feedback from other users "try this" or "try that".   Nothing like using your customers as beta testers.  More like alpha.   

The only sign of life support is a so-called "Containment Article" inviting users to sign up for future fixes.  After three weeks they are finally sending out emails asking for users logs, so I assume they are still trying to get a handle on this.

The company gets rave reviews by its employees on sites like Glass Door, but you have to wonder why they love it so much when the products fails so miserably.   Maybe that's because they let engineering hide behind the pablum that calls itself CS.  Again, its all about management.

I really need and want this company to succeed.  Take it as constructive criticism.