turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Business 2017 - Fails to Transmit Trust Returns Electronically

TurboTax Business 2017.  I am using it to file a Trust return, Federal and Virginia state, same as I did for 2016.  However, for 2017 I am now required to file Virginia electronically.  (2016 I filed Fed and VA by mail.)  Both my completed 2017 Federal and Virginia returns fail to transmit electronically.  It appears the entire transmission is hanging up on the "Virginia Fiduciary Information Worksheet."  I have no apparent missing or incorrect information on this Worksheet, yet it is still reporting as an Error, that it is "Not Done" under Forms.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so I'll answer my own question here.  It turns out under my Federal Information Worksheet, Part IV, I needed to select "Yes" for the two K-1 Print Options, since I would be filing my State return electronically.  Problem solved.  Both Federal and VA State e-filed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Ok, so I'll answer my own question here.  It turns out under my Federal Information Worksheet, Part IV, I needed to select "Yes" for the two K-1 Print Options, since I would be filing my State return electronically.  Problem solved.  Both Federal and VA State e-filed.

Thanks for the update!

rblood16

I have the same issue for 2017 TurboTax Business. I printed the federal returns and mailed them in, but cannot transmit the VA state return electronically as required. VA requires a waiver to send the returns by mail, but that may be the only option since there has been no feedback from TT on this. 

rblood16

Thanks, but that I hade those checked Yes already; I still have an issue with e-filing state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies