turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reviewing my return

After finishing my return I wanted to review it.  When doing so it UNchecks all the checks that I put in.  This means i am essentially redoing the entire return.  So many of those clicks are irrelevant to my return (a lot of "no" answers) so it is awkward and cumbersome.  A review is a review.  It should not remove the checks from the check boxes I have already filled in.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Reviewing my return

Thanks for your feedback.  I've noticed the same thing when going through a "section" of the interview a second (or third) time.  I have to pay close attention as I go from screen to screen to ensure that all the info is still correct.

However, I don't have to enter any figures again, thank goodness, as those figures are "saved".   I'll share your feedback with TurboTax Moderators.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Reviewing my return

Possibly one way around this:

SAVE your original as 2018-1 or something under SAVE AS

Then re-open it (2018-1), SAVE AS 2018-2 & continue to look at your return.  You have saved your original return as 2018-1, but any changes or no changes on 2018-2.  I always do this.  And at the end, save your final one as 2018-FINAL

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies