turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RunLong82

Reject Illinois State Return

Hi,

My filing for both Federal and the state of WI were accepted but my IL return got rejected. The email I received says :

What happened

IL1040-8000-2 - This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue with one or more of the pieces of information used to validate the signature: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.
IL1040-8600-2 - Please review and correct the Primary taxpayer's signature requirements. At least one of the following signature fields must be present and valid on the Dept. Of Revenue's file: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.

However when I got into the software and fix this problem there is no details about what is causing the problem and I am not sure how to fix it. I already tried to fix and refile once and got charged another $25 which is very frustrating when the software claims that you will not be charged for that.  I again just opened up my IL return and have no idea where I am supposed to go to fix this problem. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Please see this FAQ article:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2148276-e-file-rejection-error-il1040-8000-2-or-il1040-9900-2-plea...

Since you have already tried more than once, it might be best to print and mail your tax return.

You can contact TurboTax support about the charges by starting here:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

My State of IL Return was Rejected as well.    Last year due to a Banking Error - I had to amend my Federal Return.   This amendment had no bearing on my State Filing and therefore my Federal AGI was different from my State AGI.  That was the first problem.   The second problem was that the State prefers you to enter a PIN when E-Filing.   My guess is that they have a number of fraudulent filings.   Therefore you need to Apply for a PIN via the State of IL website.   Nevertheless, once I established a PIN for both myself and my husband - the State of IL Accepted my Return.  

When you go through the follow-up questions for re-filing (In Turbo Tax) make certain that you pursue the other questions/answers - as these open up your options to security answers only you would know and not some stranger.   But again, I had to apply for PINs via the State of IL website first.   When all is said and done, you will receive an Alpha assignment via mail from the State of IL - that you can save for next year's filing.

Furthermore, IF you can't E-FIle your State Return via Turbo Tax - they shouldn't continue to charge you.   Ultimately, I paid for both the Federal & the State E-Filings - but you shouldn't have to keep paying with every attempt.   Contact Turbo Tax Customer Service.   I Chatted with Turbo Tax when I believed I may have had to mail my State Return - Turbo Tax was going to remove the State Fee.

And next year check out the Federal, & or State websites - these may in fact be free and otherwise just as helpful in walking you through the information based on your expenses, tax credits, and deductions.   I helped my Son file through both Sites - he did so Free on both.   And the Federal site helped him just as Turbo would have.      😊

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies