turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dpatel19
Returning Member

Part-year Maryland tax calculated on full year

I worked part-year in MD in 2018, yet the estimated tax due is nearly twice what is expected (using the rates from https://taxes.marylandtaxes.gov/Individual_Taxes/Individual_Tax_Types/Income_Tax/Tax_Information/Tax...). I inputted my full wages from W-2 during the federal return and the 'Non-Maryland Income' during the state return, yet the amount owed is suspiciously high. It almost seems like TurboxTax is calculating my Maryland tax based on the full income rather than just the income earned while I living in Maryland.

Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
dpatel19
Returning Member

Don't forget about those pesky local taxes, they will sneak up on you when you least expect it.

Bees
Level 7

? How long did you live in the state of Maryland?.  Did you work in a reciprocal state ,DC, Penn while living in MD?

https://taxes.marylandtaxes.gov/Individual_Taxes/Individual_Tax_Types/Income_Tax/Filing_Information/...

If you were in MD they consider you a full year resident if over 183 days but you should get a credit for taxes paid to another state.

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies