turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MN Itemized Deduction

We are unable to file MN State return because:  We need to file either M1M or M1SA.  MN allows charitable donations deductions even without itemizing the return. M1M line 18 shows the calculated itemized deductions. M1SA  shows all itemized deductions including calculated charitable donations. Because of this one has to file either M1M or M1SA. I was thinking to refile deleting M1SA as I am taking Standard deduction. I am not sure how it will work on software. So decided to delay to Re e-file my MN Tax return until they fix the software problem. Any comments?

MN Itemized Deduction

I have the same issue. From what I've read, I think it's best to wait for the updates since you've already efiled once. Let's hope that works! If not, I'll be calling TT for assistance!

MN Itemized Deduction

The Minnesota Schedule M1M deals with more than itemized deductions, and you may need to file that either way.  If you're going to take the standard deduction for the State taxes, I would expect the tax program to elect that and not even use the Schedule M1SA.  I would wait a while to file an amended return until TurboTax has all the problems solved.

csederlund
Returning Member

MN Itemized Deduction

Someone from the MN Dept. of Revenue called me on 02/06 (I had left a message). She told me they need to do an update but it wasn't going to be available for  about a week.

AlexB

MN Itemized Deduction

I tried that, but it didn't work.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies