turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jasonS

K1 Box 14

I have (and have had for several years) received a K-1 with amounts in box 1 and 2. I have always followed the TT advice and entered two separate K-1s for each box. However I have also always entered all the other boxes on each K-1. I didn't think of this as an error until today. I always have box 14 (A), box 17 (A), box 18 (C), and box 19 (A and C) with amounts inside them. So these amounts have been entered twice on each K-1, the one for box 1 and the K-1 for box 2. I'm beginning to think this has been a mistake for several years. What is the correct way to handle these boxes on the K-1? Do certain boxes go with box 1 and others with box 2? Am I making a mistake by adding them to each K-1. Do I need to fix the returns from the past?

Thank you   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
usagix

K1 Box 14

I too have been getting a K-1 each year for the past several years from a limited partnership that finances mortgages and manages rental properties on foreclosures or real estate owned. Box 1 ordinary business is the financing income and Box 2 is from the real estate property management income.  I have been splitting the K1 into 2 parts as you said but I  think it is incorrect to duplicate the share of gains and deductions on each part as you would be double counting. I have been putting the obvious real estate gains and deductions in part 2 and the others in part 1. However I don't think it matters which one as it will flow through to the same part of your 1040 or 1041 if you have a trust. 

You may want to amend your returns if it's substantial or material  but I'm not a preparer or offering you tax advice. Hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies