turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

I received a 1099-INT form from the IRS for 2018 but I cannot find it now (of course).  How do I obtain a replacement form from the IRS?  I tried creating an online account but couldn't find a place to request or download the information.  I really just need the amount.  Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

Why did you receive a 1099-Int FROM THE IRS?  Did you receive an interest payment from the IRS?  This is not extremely  typical.  If true, the interest amount might’ve been shown on the original check.

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

I guess I did. Based on what I read in this Community, if you filed an amendment, the IRS will pay you interest. I was surprised to get the 1099 and don't remember the extra money nor can I access the bank account where it was deposited anymore.  It was around $95 but I can't remember the exact amount.  Guess I'll have to call the IRS. Ugh.

MargaretL
Expert Alumni

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

It is common for the IRS to send you the 1099-INT if the interest is earned on the refund. The IRS may not give you the INT amount over the phone, they may direct you to order a transcript... I recommend that you estimate and enter what you remember AS IF you received the form. And if the amount greatly differs, the IRS will send you an adjustment letter in the summer.  

momourning
Returning Member

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

I got an interest payment on tax refund for 2019.  I did not receive a 1099-INT for it.  I do know the amount but I need to know the other information on the form in order to file my state taxes for IL.  They require the payee name, address and tin that is shown on the INT form.

I have tried to contact the IRS, US treasury and my state IRS but can't find a number to talk to someone who knows.

If I could just get the information, I would not need the form.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

@momourning What company was supposed to send you the original 1099-INT? Have you contacted them?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
momourning
Returning Member

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

I have tried to but it is the federal government.  I received interest on my tax refund from last year and the IRS did not send me a 1099-INT.  I know the amount, just need the Payee name, address and ein

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

@momourning Even if you don't have the Payee information, you can still report the interest. Please see this TurboTax FAQ, What if I didn't get a 1099-INT from my bank?

momourning
Returning Member

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

Illinois requires all of the Payee information (name, Address and EIN).  I know the amount but can't file because I am not even sure of the payee name to enter.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

IRS 1099-INT Replacement

I recommend calling the IRS at the number in the link below. 

As your interest payment is probably related to the stimulus payments and extended dates allowed to file your income tax return, it would be best to request a replacement 1099-INT form to ensure you report everything correctly, as well as to allow you to report everything on your state tax return.

Contact IRS

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies