turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tomi60
Returning Member

Error on Schedule C

My bell shows two messages but when I click on it I get the following message:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 5844E16A.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

I do not have an administrator so don't know what they are referring to so guess I will never see the messages unless someone has a solution.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
KatieH
Community Manager

Error on Schedule C

Hi @tomi60 - I'm sorry you're having this issue. Can you try refreshing your browser, and let me know what happens?  Are you able to view your notifications? It could have been that your login timed out.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tomi60
Returning Member

Error on Schedule C

I restarted my computer and I still get the error message when I click on the bell which shows 4 messages.

There is an error in the program which keeps giving me an error on a tax return where it is linking w2's as statutory employee to a schedule c.  I wish I could get the message to a programmer.

tomi60
KatieH
Community Manager

Error on Schedule C

Ah, I see. I misunderstood and thought you were having issues with notifications on the Community (there is also a bell icon here). Let me see if I can find someone who may be able to better help you.

AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

Error on Schedule C

Hi @tomi60 - I'm not extremely familiar with this situation, but let's try this:

The situation you're referring to has to do with Box 13 on your W-2.  The program thinks you checked that you were a statutory employee in Box 13.  Look at your paper W-2.  If that checkmark was entered by accident, go back to your W-2 to correct the entry.

Click on the Federal taxes tab, then Wages and Income just below.  You should be able to Update your W-2 income there and edit the W-2 in question.

Let me know if this resolves the issue!

tomi60
Returning Member

Error on Schedule C

Thanks for your reply but box 13 is not checked.  I even deleted both w2's and still have the same error.  Under Part I Line 1f of Schd C  there is a box checked regarding statutory employee and the only way I can get rid of it is doing an override which then does not allow to electronic file.

PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Error on Schedule C

@tomi60 You might revisit the Income section of your schedule C since Part 1 deals with income items. Walks through the section to see if it clears the error.

KatieH
Community Manager

Error on Schedule C

And @tomi60 - the notification issue has been resolved! You weren't the only one experiencing this problem. Thanks for reporting it!

tomi60
Returning Member

Error on Schedule C

The Notifications issue is solved but not the schd c issue.  I don't know how to explain the problem more clearly but I will try again.  The dollars on the 1099 misc carry to the schd c properly.  Line 1e shows $0 on the line which has statutory employee but shows that as an error.  It is in red when I do the review.  On line 1f there is a box with an "X" in it and that should not be there.  I am giving up and will just mail the return.

PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Error on Schedule C

@tomi60 I don't see a way that a 1099-MISC entered under your business income would result in the issue you listed above. If you want to give it another try, enter the 1099-MISC in the general business income category and not as a 1099-MISC. Also, check to see that you have no empty W-2 form in your forms list. To check, select Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a form.

tomi60
Returning Member

Error on Schedule C

I am using Basic  and there are no extra w2's.  As I said before I deleted all the w2's and still get the error.  If I do the step by step method I must enter the 1099misc where indicated.  If I go to business income on schd c it asks for income not on a 1099 misc.  

PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Error on Schedule C

Enter the 1099-MISC under your business section and not in the Other Common Income section. Delete your 1099-MISC form altogether and enter as General Income under your business income section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies