turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can TurboTax 2018 Help me Estimate my Taxes without 1099 Tax Forms

I used TurboTax for 2017 and just purchased the 2018 Premiere version.  I am retired and pay quarterly estimated taxes via IRS EFTPS Web site.  I have detailed spreadsheets (created by myself to suit my situation) showing my income for 2018 to help me determine the quarterly payments; did not pay estimated taxes based on 2017 tax liability due to new tax changes.  I obviously do not have any 1099 tax forms yet and will not have them before the 1/15/2019 deadline for my final 4th Qtr/2018 estimated tax payment.  I have manually calculated (via spreadsheets) what I think I will owe in taxes so that I end up paying over 90% of tax due, but prefer to end up owing money at the end of the year, rather than getting a refund.   My question is - Is there anything in TurboTax 2018 that will allow me to estimate my taxes before I make this final 4th Qtr/2018 Estimated Tax payment to the IRS; which will be before I receive any 1099 tax forms for 2018.   Stating the question another way - Can I input data into TurboTax 2018 without having my 1099 tax forms in hand?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A.J.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
lwdupont
Intuit Alumni

Can TurboTax 2018 Help me Estimate my Taxes without 1099 Tax Forms

I'd try using Taxcaster, available here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster - it's pretty good about walking you through things and estimating your taxes for you. There is also iOS and Android versions you can use.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies