Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Martha

Business LLC Tax Return Extension

Is there an online way to file an extension for 2018?  In the past, there was an app "Intuit TurboTax Business Extensions" but I do not see it updated or 2018 tax year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@kaydee wrote:

...you had to download an app (such as to your iPhone) called TurboTax Business Extensions...

Well, I looked but can't find anything approaching the name of that app on my iPhone. I suppose it must be gone; the closest app I can find is the general TurboTax app to prepare a return.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the same question, though for a 1041.  I used the app in previous years to file an extension but it won't allow it for 2018.  Did TT loose their e-file privilege with the IRS?

Martha

I ended up filing a paper form. Sure wish they would add this to the program.

You can file a free extension for your personal income tax return here --> https://turbotax.intuit.com/irs-tax-extensions/

I do not recall TurboTax Business ever having the capability of e-filing Form 7004, however.

In previous years, you couldn't file the business extension from within TurboTax desktop software, but instead, you had to download an app (such as to your iPhone) called TurboTax Business Extensions.  In that app, you put in just a few pieces of information (similar to the personal tax return extension info) and it would submit the extension electronically to the IRS.  Once accepted by the IRS, you'd get an electronic notification of acceptance.  No need to print anything or wonder if the IRS ever received it.  For 2019, the app says it can't file an extension because the due date of 4/17/2018 has past.  

@kaydee wrote:

...you had to download an app (such as to your iPhone) called TurboTax Business Extensions...

Well, I looked but can't find anything approaching the name of that app on my iPhone. I suppose it must be gone; the closest app I can find is the general TurboTax app to prepare a return.

Martha

Same thing I found.  My LLC tax deadline was March 15 so I went through this then.  In years past, there was a note in the application to get the app.  Now, it refers you to print in mail...at least it did when I filed my LLC extension.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies