turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2017 Consolidated 1099 form: original and corrected

I received an “original” 2017 Consolidated 1099 form from Cetera Investments, dated 2/6/2018. It contains a 1099-DIV, Details of 1099-DIV, and 1099-B. THEN, I received a “corrected” 2017 Consolidated 1099 forms from Cetera Investments, dated 3/10/2018. It contains only 1099-DIV and Details of 1099-DIV with no 1099-B and no other information.

The "corrected" form states: Your account is receiving this amended tax form due to one of the following reasons: Reallocation of payments received within your portfolio, updated cost basis information, and/or other tax-related payments. We cannot provide tax advice. Questions concerning how the 1099 form may affect your individual tax return should be referred to a licensed tax professional.

Do I need to report anything from the “original” 2017 Consolidated 1099 forms? OR do I treat it as if it doesn’t exist and use only the “corrected” form…meaning I essentially don’t have a 1099-B?

I submitted this last week, but I don't think I received any answers from the community.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I contacted the IRS. They said to report only what is on the “corrected” form.
Their phone number can be found here: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I contacted the IRS. They said to report only what is on the “corrected” form.
Their phone number can be found here: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies