turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What version of turbo tax will work with K1 from blackstone?

Hi all, wondering if anyone have experience with blackstone (BX)?  What version of turbotax will work and if you can let me know the procedure you took would be great! thanks. 

A

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindaA
Expert Alumni

You may use TurboTax Premier Online, TurboTax Self-Employed, or a TurboTax CD/Download software product to enter information from a Schedule K-1. However, please note that if the Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) indicates that the partner is an IRA or another retirement plan you do not need to report it on your tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

You may use TurboTax Premier Online, TurboTax Self-Employed, or a TurboTax CD/Download software product to enter information from a Schedule K-1. However, please note that if the Schedule K-1 (Form 1065) indicates that the partner is an IRA or another retirement plan you do not need to report it on your tax return.

thank you. 

My understanding is that you can import the k-1 files into the software/download TT versions, but not in the online version. You have to enter manually in the online version.  Also be aware that k-1s sometimes leave fields blank when they don't apply.  Turbotax requires a "0" be entered in some of those fields, in case you run across that issue (which I did). I didn't find an answer to the error anywhere, but found it out when I had paid for online consultation, so was able to call in to find out the problem.

Just to confirm, you cannot use the free or simple version if you have a K1, is that right? Thanks.

Right.  You need the Online Premier version (or Self Employed version) OR any of the Desktop programs to enter a K-1.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies