turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal Tax Debit

I elected to have my Federal taxes debited from my account on 3/31/18. My account was never debited. How can i reconfirm that the date is correct and I have entered the correct account number for Federal Taxes.

PS: I was able to confirm the same for my California return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
LindaA
Expert Alumni

Federal Tax Debit

It can take a while for the IRS to debit the funds from your account, especially during peak filing times. Also, the money won't be debited on a weekend or government holiday. If it has been 7-10 days since your return has been accepted by the IRS and the money still hasn't been debited from your account, contact IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537.

As for verifying the date you specified for the debit, you'll find it on the instructions page provided by TurboTax. If you need to print the return (paper copy or PDF), please see this FAQ: How do I print a copy of my return after filing, for my own records?

hfbcballa

Federal Tax Debit

I completed my return and efiled.  I thought that I had selected to direct debit for the tax that I owed.  However, upon completing my return turbotax sent me a note saying that I needed to print a voucher and mail in a check covering my taxes owed.  How do I know if I should send in a check or not?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies