turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't install Business State Partnership from my downloaded file or from within federal return

Re: [removed support ID]

Desktop Versions: Windows 10 64bit, 64g ram, i7 8700k, 4.2gHz

PROBLEM

I can't install any state Downloads I have in my TTax online account. I've tried it with 2015, 2016, & 2017 years of CA state Home & Business and with 2015, 2016, and 2017 years of CA state Business (Partnership).

After installing the Federal versions of each of these I then run (as Administrator) the separate exe state file, where I get the error message
".NET 4.5.2 Framework verification tool can't be found"

Hint: This all started happening after I went to update federal versions I already installed successfully - but the other day when I went to update the federal it took 1/2 hour before it worked. The initial message said something like "can't connect to TTax installer right now". Ever since then I’ve had the problem.

WHAT DOES WORK

All the Federal installs work fine.

The only way I can install the CA state versions of TTax “Home & Business” is to install it directly within the federal return when it asks me if I want to install the state (rather than running the download .exe file). BUT... unfortunately that doesn't work when I'm in the Business (Partnership) return.

I WAS able to install the 2017 Business State by calling support and they gave me a code and then 2017 CA Partnership installed directly through the federal install.

But… when I tried that for 2016, I got error message “We’re having trouble processing your request.” So it never even got to the screen where it asked to pay or talk to a rep.

WHAT DOESN'T WORK

1. Uninstalling TTax and rebooting
    I cleaned the registry with CC Cleaner
    I cleaned the registry with Auslogics Registry Cleaner
    I rebooted again
    I re-installed in safe mode and rebooted
  2. Disabling all parts of Bitdefender Security, including Vulnerability, Firewall, Anti-spam, Advanced Threat Defense, Ransomware, & Safe Files.
  3. Running the Framework Repair Tool
  4. Running the System File Checker (it said everything was great)
  5. Updating Windows to latest version
  6. Going to Control Panel >> Programs & Features >> Turn Windows features on or off
    Uncheck all .NET Framework that is installed
    Reboot
    Recheck net framework to reinstall them
    Reboot
  7. Attempts to download the latest version of .NET Framework
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Can't install Business State Partnership from my downloaded file or from within federal return

State programs are not designed or intended to be installed as a separate stand alone program. They are add-on modules to the federal program. You must install from within the federal program.

I first installed the federal programs.  And only the Business state for 2017 would install through that return (and then only when I called Ttax to get a special code).

The other years of Business State fail when I say to do it through the federal.

Plus the other way - state downloads where I run the exe file - DO install on another PC (after I install the fed first). Just not this PC.

So both ways should work and don't.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies